1 cup butter -- softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1-16 oz. pkg. red and green M&M's (Any Color Will Do)
1 cup powdered sugar
juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons water
1. Cream together butter and sugars until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Stir together milk and vanilla.
3. Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternately add flour and milk to creamed mixture.
4. Reserve 1/4 cup M&M's for topping. Stir remaining M&M's into batter. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup bundt or tube pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
6. Mix together frosting ingredients to make glaze. Drizzle over top and decorate with reserved 1/4 cup M&M's.
NOTE: The chocolate from the M&M's melts and goes to the bottom of the pan (top when turned out of pan) and the red an green M&M's leave colorful trails throughout the cake.